Tuesday, April 26, 2005

The Nations are Gathering (and you're invited)

I'm off to Albuquerque in the morning, where soon I'll be surrounded by more ndns than you can shake a paper treaty at. I'm going to the Gathering of Nations, arguably the biggest powwow in the country, besides maybe Schemitzun. My cousin's Drum, Young Bird, won first prize last year, so they are one of the invited Drums.

I may be scarce for the next week as I will be spending time with my family and visiting the University of New Mexico law school. That is if I am still ambulatory after all the frybread* and chilis I intend to consume.

Some days it's good to be indigenous.



Photo from http://www.gatheringofnations.com
* I know I just blogged about decolonizing your diet, so I will be eating frybread in moderation. I promise.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Have a safe trip. And don't forget to take picures (if ya can).

I'm sure your readers will want a full report when you get back.

10:17 AM  
Blogger Sylvana said...

Mmmmmmm..FRYBREAD! With honey, or, or cinnanmon and sugar! *drool* I have a sweet tooth. I have had it with meat topping too, but far prefer the sweets.
Have a good time, and enjoy some honest to goodness frybread for me.

12:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home